The day is finally here. TEN GOOD REASONS has launched! I hope you all enjoy the book as much as I do. If you want to learn more about it, or what went into making it, and see some fun facts, videos, and more, visit my Ten Good Reasons book page here. I’ll be adding material to it over the next couple of months, so please visit often!
In the meantime, here are some ways you can help make TEN GOOD REASONS a success:
* Buy the book, if you haven’t already. The book is available at:
Barnes and Noble (Nook or paperback)
Amazon (Kindle or paperback)
Book Depository (free shipping outside the U.S.)
OR at a Barnes and Noble bookstore near you! At Barnes and Noble stores, I should be in the “New Releases” section in the Romance area. If you don’t see the book there, please ask at the front desk. Those requests encourage them to order my books. Speaking of which …
* Take a picture of you and my book. I love, love, love seeing pictures of you and my books! So much so that I’m having a photo contest over the next two months. I will send Sandy Cove souvenir gift packs with $10 Amazon cards to the following:
- The first person who sends in a photo of themselves with TEN GOOD REASONS in a Barnes and Noble!
- The most creative photo of a reader holding TEN GOOD REASONS (sent in between April 7 and June 7). (If several photos seem creative, I’ll pool them together and do a random drawing from the creative ones.)
- Two randomly selected photos of a reader holding TEN GOOD REASONS (drawings will take place on May 7 and June 7)
That’s four chances to win! Join the fun and get those photos in. You can send your photos to laurenchristopher[at]live[dot]com. Or, on Instagram or Twitter, tag me @mizwrite or hashtag it #10goodreasons and I’ll catch you that way!
* Write an Amazon review. You can start leaving reviews on Amazon as of today, and it really makes a difference in a writer’s career how many reviews she gets. Whether you buy the book on Amazon or not, please – if you have a few extra minutes – leave 3-4 sentences and however many stars you like. The number of reviews, apparently, is what determines how many Amazon lists you get on (like the “…if you like this book, you might like this one…” variety). So it’s Super-Important. And tell your friends about reviews! Speaking of which …
* Tell your friends about the book! If you have friends who love to read contemporary romance, please spread the word. Whether you’re standing in a bookstore, sitting in a hairdresser’s chair, waiting at the car wash, or seeing someone read on the subway, I’d surely appreciate the shout-out. If you’re shy, but you’d hand out TEN GOOD REASONS postcards, I’m ordering a bunch of pretty ones I’d be happy to mail you. Please email me your snail-mail address at laurenchristopher[at]live[dot]com, and I’ll send a stack to you asap! Also, here are some social-media posts if you’re a social-media-type person:
My friend’s book TEN GOOD REASONS just launched this week! If you like lighthearted, beach-read romances, this one’s for you: http://amzn.to/1D4A2Qd
My friend’s book TEN GOOD REASONS just launched! Kirkus Reviews calls it “smart and sexy”: http://amzn.to/1D4A2Qd
OR, an OC focus if you’re a local:
My friend’s book TEN GOOD REASONS just launched this week! If you like lighthearted, beach-read romances set in Orange County, this one’s for you: http://amzn.to/1D4A2Qd
So those are some things that can really help!
Here are all the places I’m celebrating and giving stuff away:
April 8 (Tomorrow!) – Kindle Giveaway and Facebook Party — My Firebird sisters Tracy Brogan (“Crazy Little Thing,” “The Best Medicine”), Terri Osburn (“Meant to Be,” “Home to Stay”), Kim Law (“Ex on the Beach,” “Hot Buttered Yum”), and I will be celebrating the huge launch of Tamra Baumann’s first contemporary “It Had to Be Him” at a Spring Fling Book Giveaway on Facebook Wednesday, April 8, 1-7 p.m. PST. (You can pop in and out anytime you like!) We’ll be asking easy questions giving away lots of books, gift cards, gift baskets, and there will be a grand prize of a KINDLE! You can join by clicking here. Please come! It’s going to be so much fun!
May 2 – Author Talk at the Brea Library — The Brea Library has invited me to do their Author Talk on Saturday, May 2 at 11 a.m., so come meet me there! I’ll be speaking for an hour, giving away door prizes, and I’ll sign any books you bring. I’d love to chat with all of you! The Brea Library is at 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, California.
Photo Contest – Details mentioned above. I’m giving away four $10 Amazon gift cards and four Sandy Cove souvenir packs to four lucky winners: the first photo sent to me, the most creative photo, and two randomly selected photos submitted now until June 7! Send photos to laurenchristopher[at]live[dot]com.