Hope you have a blessed day!
This is a cute cake that my cake-bakin’ girl made with her friend Sara yesterday.
I forgot to mention — Our 2013 book club list is out! Here’s what’s on the agenda for our club this year. (And I can’t believe we’re already heading into April! Where is this year going??):
- Jan – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot (Lauri’s pick)
- Feb – A Thousand Autumns, David Mitchell (Lauran’s pick)
- Mar – A Moveable Feast, Ernest Hemingway (My pick)
- Apr – The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield (Debbie D’s pick)
- [Skip May]
- June – The Round House, Louise Erdrich (Mary Ann’s pick)
- July – A Fine Balance, Rohinton Mistry (Laura’s pick)
- Aug – Two Years Before the Mast, Richard Henry Dana (Rosy’s pick)
- Sep – Sacre Bleu: A Comedy d’Art (P.S.), Christopher Bleu (Hilarie’s pick)
- Oct – The Fencing Master, Arturo Perez Reverte (Anne’s pick)
- Nov – The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris, David McCullough (Barbara’s pick)
- Dec (Holiday Brunch) – Shipping News, Annie Proulx (Lauri’s pick)
- Jan 2014 – Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan (Carrie’s pick)
Have you read any of these? What’s on your reading list this year?
Here’s our 2012 book club list.
Here’s our 2011 book club list.
Here’s our 2010 book club list.
Here’s our 2009 book club list.
And here’s how we come up with our book club list each year.