Well, our oldest came home from college for summer, but alas, he’s already gone! It was a quick three weeks. He left today for Seattle, where he’ll have a summer internship with Seattle Met magazine, which I think sounds uber-fun.
He had three fast weeks of:
- Sleeping in (check)
- Eating Oreos (check)
- Eating food that someone else paid for and made (check)
- Visiting his grandparents (two nice visits: check, check)
- Going to our favorite Mexican-food restaurant, Don Joses (check, check)
- Eating In-N-Out (check, check, check)
- Watching endless hours of Arrested Development (check)
- Going to an Angels game (check, check)
- Hanging out with old high school friends (which is hard because they’re mostly still in school at their respective colleges) (but — check, check, check)
- Work out at his old gym (check)
- Hang out a little with his sibs (check)
And we had three fast weeks of him!
I’ll miss him again, but I’m so excited for him to spend a summer in the heart of Seattle, editing and writing and soaking in a new city …
You are very proud of him … as you should be Laurie! What a great young man he has grown up to be. And I know all too well your feeling each time he leaves. He sure has been blessed with your writing talent!
He picked a great weekend to come to our area – it is beautiful and sunny! I hope he likes it here. I am glad you got to enjoy him for those weeks, it is amazing how quickly it goes =( Happy Fathers Day to Chris, btw!