I read a lot. And my tastes are eclectic. Since I’m a romance writer, I’m currently making my way through AAR’s Top 100 Romances list. But since I’m also part of a literary book club, I’m making my way through the 2013 book club list, too. … And I love to talk about books — all books! Drop me a line if you’ve read any of these and want to chat about any of them. I’d love to hear from you. …
Here’s what I’ve read so far in 2013, but I haven’t had time to write the summaries yet. (Come back soon!) A LOT of books this year are books written by the Firebirds, my fellow Golden Heart finalists who are all launching their books into the world now:
* Crazy Little Thing — Tracy Brogan (Firebird)
* Highland Surrender — Tracy Brogan (Firebird)
* Sugar Springs — Kim Law (Firebird)
* Kissing Under the Mistletoe (A St. Helena Vinyard Novel) –Marina Adair
* Skin Deep — Anne Hjelle
* Love in Reality (part of The Blackjack Quartet) — Magdalen Braden (Firebird)
* Just One of the Guys — Kristan Higgins
* The Things She Says (Harlequin Desire) — Kat Cantrell (Firebird)
* Fools Rush In — Kristan Higgins
* Anchored (A Novella) — A.J. Larrieu (Firebird)
* A Moveable Feast — Ernest Hemingway
* The Best Man — Kristan Higgins (READING NOW)
And here’s what’s in my TBR pile:
* White Heat — Jill Shalvis. One of her earliest, earliest works, I believe. She admits on her website it’s not her best work, but still these early books are fun to read — very inspirational for newbie writers like me.
* The Blue Dolphin (Desert Heat Series) — Robena Grant (Firebird)
* With This Kiss: Part One — Eloisa James.
* With This Kiss: Part Two — Eloisa James.
* What Happens in Scotland — Jennifer McQuiston (Firebird)
* Outlaw in Paradise — Patricia Gaffney.
* Marriage with Benefits — Kat Cantrell (Firebird)
* Midnight Shadows (Love Inspirational) — Carol J. Post (Firebird)
* Simple Jess — Pamela Morsi.
* Montana Sky — Nora Roberts
* Moonrise — Anne Stuart
* Crazy People: The Crazy for You stories — Jenny Crusie
* The Wild One (The De Montforte Brothers) — Danielle Harmon
* Snow Day: A Novel — Billy Coffey
And not that you’re really going to go look at these lists from previous years, but I’m keeping them here for my own reference: 🙂