Yippee! Our new book club list is in!
I always fear I’m not going to get to participate much in my book club, since I really need the time to write/ edit/ and get my own books published, but I’m quite addicted to our club and still try to keep up. (Or sometimes I just go to the meetings for the company of such engaging women.)
And even when I predict I won’t be able to go to many meetings, I still love getting the new list and opening it like a Christmas gift.
Here’s what’s in store for 2010:
- January: Poisonwood Bible, Barbara Kingsolver
- February: Olive Kittredge, Elizabeth Strout
- March: Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned, Walter Mosley
- May: Last Night in Twisted River, John Irving
- June: The Financial Lives of Poets, Jess Walter
- July: The Children’s Book, A.S. Byatt
- August: March, Geraldine Brooks
- September: The Help, Kathryn Stockett
- October: The Echo Maker, Richard Powers
- November: Too Much Happiness, Alice Munro
- December: Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson
Have you all read any of these? Tell me what I’m in store for. …
Here was our 2009 Book Club list.