Since everyone on television and in magazines seems to be doing an annual roundup, I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon! (And, you know, I just wanted to write some Wild West cliches …)
Here’s the year in Mizwrite.com stats:
Posts most read by strangers (not my regular readers), in order of ranking:
- Eichler Homes: Loveliness in Walls of Glass
- Who Would You Cast as Jamie in ‘Outlander’?
- Downtown Disney Freeze!
- The Basics of Critiquing III: the Antagonist and the Conflict
- Don Draper and Other Men Who Don’t Do It for Me
Posts most popular with my regular readers, in order of ranking:
- How I Met Superman (the landing page)
- What Was Your Favorite Book of 2009? (I’ll have to do another one of these for this year. Fun comments!)
- Jobs Everyone Should Have at Some Point (great comments!)
- Teens and Elaborate Dance Proposals (I have no idea why this one ranks so high)
- The Story of How I Met Superman, Part 3: Separate Orbits (Strange that part 3 has highest ranking, but oh well!)
- 3 for Thursday: 3 Famous People You’ve Met (I think these were my favorite comments, along with the Dopelganger one)
- Well, This Can’t Be Good (Not sure why this ranks here)
- The Story of How I Met Superman, Part 2: The Obstacle (Okay, part 2 is working its way up the ranks. But not everyone reads part 1 first??? Huh. Incidentally, the next one down on the stats is part 8!)
Links most clicked from my blog:
- Link to Tampons and Chocolate blog (in my blog roll and also in my “Funny Blog Names” post)
- Link to see Simon Woods (from the Outlander suggestions for Jamie)
- Link to see Gabriel Aubry (from the Outlander suggestions for Jamie)
- Link to Does This Blog Make Us Look Fat blog (in my blog roll and also in my “Funny Blog Names” post)
- Link to Drunk Writer Talk blog (in my blog roll and also in my “Funny Blog Names” post)
- Link to The Volkswagen commercial on YouTube that features the Eichler homes, from my Eichler post
Some stranger search terms that have brought people to my blog (and wow, in many cases, they must have been sorely disappointed! Do I ever say anything about Sylvester Stalone???):
- sutters fort piano
- being a mum notes
- christmas notes to wife
- don draper most handsome
- mens book club list
- picture of sylvester stalone carrying (whaaa??)
- punctuation humor
- cute serving utensils (huh?)
- remember when judith mcnaught all about …
I love all my commenters! But I consistently hear great stuff from these folks (in no particular order):
- Superman (o’course)
(Thank you all! You make my day!)
My personal favorite posts — not necessarily high rankers, but I liked them when I posted them:
- Those Eyes
- Learning Great Stories From People You Randomly Meet
- 30 Reasons I Love My Man and A Few More Things I Love About My Guy
- The Story of Baby and My Kids and Their Loveys
And my favorite Wordless Wednesday photo of this year is actually Rene’s:
Thank you all for allowing me to have another fun year of blogging!
I made it on there! I rock.
Crystal Posey´s last blog post ..Four Words
I rock too Crystal – woo hoo! Thanks for all the good stuff this year Laurie, yours is the first place I look every morning when I turn on my computer!!
Oh, MizWrite, you seriously make my day!! I look so forward to your blog each morning…reading it is part of my morning routine… Happy New Year and cheers to 2011. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us! God bless you and your beautiful family…
Actually you all rock!
I think Laurie’s readers are great because Laurie gets so thrilled when people like her posts, and it makes me happy to see Laurie happy!
But if you guys want to see true happiness then
make sure to leave your comments often. She loves it all…agree, disagree start a debate, whatever…
And sweetheart, I love your blog!